freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Re: Another OTF font in the Unicode Bangla Family

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Another OTF font in the Unicode Bangla Family
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:17:19 +0530

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 23:09 +0600, Omi Azad wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> Just finished another Bangla Unicode font. Name of this font is Ekushey
> Sharifa (Sharifa is my mother's name) Please check this out in your box
> and let me know if you face any problem. I want to make sure that it is
> working on Linux too.
>
> After getting your feedback, I'll release it from http://www.ekushey.org
> and I hope I may release some more this month. My target is to make 40+
> stylish Bangla OTFs.

Glyphs look good.

However, the ttf does not work on Linux.

Fontforge gives the following error

Warning: Glyph 112 is named degree which should mean it is mapped to
 Unicode U+00B0, but Glyph 113 already has that encoding.
Glyph 1271 is called ".notdef", a singularly inept choice of name (only
glyph 0
 may be called .notdef)
FontForge will rename it.
Bad class def table. Glyph range 926-1273 out of range [0,1272)

Regenerating the font works.

Also, the anchors for the GPOS stuff seem to be at the default position
- which does not serve any useful purpose.

And the glyph for "sha" looks like "a" (IMHO)

-sdg-