freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] New Font: Ekushey Punarbhaba

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] New Font: Ekushey Punarbhaba
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:19:35 -0600

On Monday 14 February 2005 07:25, Omi Azad wrote:
> Hello,
> I found 1 bug report on Linux and fixed that. So for now the known
> bugs are fixed in "Ekushey Sharifa" font. Another font is ready by
> this time for testing. Please check "Ekushey Punarbhaba" (also
> included in the archive).

Both seem to work fine on my box.

This might be an appropriate time to point out the following entry from
the GPL FAQ (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FontException):

<quote>

Q: How does the GPL apply to fonts?

A: Font licensing is a complex issue which needs serious consideration.
The following license exception is experimental but approved for
general use. We welcome suggestions on this subject -- please write to
address@hidden

To use this exception, add this text to the license notice of each file
in the package (to the extent possible), at the end of the text that
says the file is distributed under the GNU GPL:

As a special exception, if you create a document which uses this font,
and embed this font or unaltered portions of this font into the
document, this font does not by itself cause the resulting document to
be covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not
however invalidate any other reasons why the document might be covered
by the GNU General Public License. If you modify this font, you may
extend this exception to your version of the font, but you are not
obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception
statement from your version.

</quote>

Deepayan