[Freecats-Dev] Next project team meeting at Kemper DOC - February 7 - 9:

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Next project team meeting at Kemper DOC - February 7 - 9:45
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:54:33 +0100

Dear all,

Our next meeting will take place at Quimper (again).

We'll welcome José Manuel Abreu and Janet Ormrod.

Both are teachers at the prestigious ENSTB (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des
Télécommunications - Bretagne), respectively manager and member of the GLAT
(Groupe de Linguistique Appliquée des Télécommunications). See at:
http://www.enst-bretagne.fr/espacedoc/service/fiches/laboratoires/GLAT.htm

Excerpt:
Les domaines de recherche sont :
- Linguistique appliquée (lexicologie et terminologie).
- Méthodologie de la langue de spécialité et élaboration de corpora
unilingues et multilingues,
- Linguistique informatique (terminotique, bases de données multilingues,
dictionnaires automatisés),
(...)

The GLAT is a (rather rare, especially in France) interdisciplinary research
group, which is why they might bring interesting contributions - well, this
is what we hope, anyway.

I already told them we would be happy to welcome their contributions,
especially concerning custom indexing for fuzzy search and terminology
databases.

This date is FIXED as it depends on these guests' availability - the unusual
and severe snow prevented them from coming at our previous meeting.

As a whole, we decided Fridays are great because nobody among the "core
group of the Chargés de Cours" seems to teach at the UBO on Fridays, and
they are also flexible. Let me know if Fridays are bad for some of the
Breton team members - of course, we can arrange things otherwise, like if
somebody comes to visit us.

Regards,

Henri Chorand