[Freecats-Dev] Publishing specification documents

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Publishing specification documents
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:35:37 +0100

Simos,

> > Sure. Ideally, I need a few days to split the first one into
> > chapters, quickly review some of them and provide them
> > as separate HTML files.
> >
> > Simos, could you please handle the document publishing
> > aspect on Savannah?
>
> Ok.
> Just send by e-mail the documents and I will post on Savannah.
> (Technically that means uploading using CVS.)

Great, many thanks.

I haven't really found out a "CVS for mere mortals" stuff yet. Also, the
more I look at what's available on Windows, I tend to think that a number of
portable free software modules are indeed simpler to install & setup on
Windows than on Linux.

If you feel it can become too much of a burden, why not writing a small
guide...

Also note that we'll try to produce French versions of these documents. One
of them (the original specification document) is ready, thanks to Aurelie
Madiou, a French student - or should I say, as nearly ready as the one in
English, so I'll update/polish them in parallel.

We should have the following categories of documentation:
- specification
- review of existing CAT tools
- user/setup (later on)

Cheers,

Henri (back to work now, I will take the time to read Yves' and Stanislav's
last messages carefully).