[Freecats-Dev] FYI - Python & Open Office - pyUNO

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] FYI - Python & Open Office - pyUNO
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:32:50 +0200

Hi Dan and all,

I just found the following on fr.comp.lang.python.

There is a UNO module within OO, see at:
http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html#install
It also provides installation help.

http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html#bootstrap
This explains how to use UNO from any python script.

I must admit that I did not examine this in detail myself, so I can't tell
if this would free us somewhat from OO Basic...

I think I read OO Basic was to be dropped, and that OO Basic documentation
was hard to find. Food for thought...

Cheers,

Henri