Re: [Freecats-Dev] Frankenstein source code released

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Frankenstein source code released
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:04:36 +0100

Hi all,

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/frankenstein/
>
> Marc

Thanks for the link... It looks like our domain and the concepts we favour
are getting more and more popular.

I was wondering whether or not it's a free software, as seen on:
http://www.wilandra.com/~hans/Frankenstein.html.

> Frankenstein is Shareware.
> The cost of a license is $ 100. If you decide to obtain
> a license, click the PayPal icon

Even though Source Forge has a reputation for not being "100% clean" with
the Free Software Spirit, it's the first time I see "shareware" for a
project hosted on their portal !

Anyway, the project's home page on SF states:
License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

So, I suppose these are two licenses, and it would not be the first case.

Did anybody on the list contact the developer yet?

Cheers,

Henri