Re: [Freecats-Dev] Re: Free CATS and gettext - some homework for us ; -)

From: Janusz S. Bień
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Re: Free CATS and gettext - some homework for us ; -)
Date: 04 Feb 2004 08:00:15 +0100

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004  "Henri Chorand" <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> Projects like gettext should have studied earlier. Why was this not done?
> Because we did not really know about it, or nobody who knew about it told
> us.

The primary goal of gettext is translating so called `po' files with
program messages. The best tool to suport it is propably Kbabel:

        http://i18n.kde.org/tools/kbabel/

There are also attempts to reuse such tools for translating
documentation, cf. "po for all" project:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/po4a

Regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki