freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] Live MIDI control

From: Bjorn Westergard
Subject: [Freecycle-users] Live MIDI control
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:27:44 -0400

Hello everyone,

Freecycle looks thoroughly brilliant. Epic kudos to the devlopers!

I'm running Ubuntu Studio 7.04 and the precompiled binary (0.6alpha static). I've installed the following packages:

* libpng12-dev
* libpng3
* libjack0.100.0-0
* portmidi
* portaudio

I'm able to run Freecycle just fine. I can assign beatlines, move them about, and seemingly assign them to MIDI notes (the dialog comes up and appears to function fine). I go to the MIDI configuration dialog, and select my controller (telling it to redspond on all channels, just in case). Yet I can't seem to get things to actually trigger from my controller (a keyboard). Here is an excerpt from the command line output:

ALSA sequencer successfully opened.
created the MIDI port 130:0 Freecycle
A:0.1,0.05,0.5,H:0.1,D:0.1,0.25,1,S:1,R:0.1,0.95,0.5,Dur:1000,Res:100,M:1
Querying Jack...
Connected to JACK.

Any ideas how to fix this? MIDI control is what makes Freecycle so tantalizing for me... (though clicking on the beatlines is fun)

Thanks,
Bjorn Westergard
http://www.phrontist.org