freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] play button in transport bar does not work, Debian/Len

From: Marco
Subject: [Freecycle-users] play button in transport bar does not work, Debian/Lenny
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:43:42 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Debian Lenny (freshly installed last weekend), and added
Freecycle via -> Gnome/system/Administration/Add/Remove Applications.

Freecycle starts, I can load a .wav file, but it won't play, pressing the
play button results in no moving time pointer or sound. Same while loading
file.

I get the following 3 errors in the terminal:
1. Session management error: Authentication Rejected
2. No LADSPA_PATH environment varaible!, trying /usr/lib/ladspa followed
by "A:0.1.." etc string
3. Can't connect to JACK

Checking the internet tells me that JACK might be incorrectly built in
Debian. Is this the area where I should look first to solve the problem?

I tried to built from source on Fedora before, but without success.

Thanks and best regards, Marco