freeform-dev

[Freeform-dev] Re: [Imc-ithaca] proposal for media.py

From: Brian Szymanski
Subject: [Freeform-dev] Re: [Imc-ithaca] proposal for media.py
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 02:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

(Aside: Meeting notes for IMC-Ithaca from Sunday are 90% finished as I
write this, coming up before I go to bed.)

As for media.py, all in all, sounds like a good plan - the "right way" to
do it. However, I think allowing people to upload in whatever format they
desire is important, to avoid any sort of tech-elitism (and yes, I know
oggdrop is extremely simple). But perhaps we should force people to learn
if they want to upload, say, 100M at a time, because that'll cause
significant strain on the server... However, a 64k .wav won't hurt us
much.

Peace,
Brian

PS - I wonder if this conversation is more appropriate on freeform-devel
(or at least CC'd to it, as I have done)?