freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Re: Freehoo checkin done

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Re: Freehoo checkin done
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:13:23 -0700

,----
| Hi AB / Balugi / Nags
|
| Freehoo checkin is done. Though lot of clean-up work is pending, now
| it can able to send/receive messages.  Hope to do the clean-up ASAP.
|
| I had problems with autoconf, automake versions in my
| machine. Configure script exits saying no "yahoo_send_im" found in
| libyahoo2 even when it is present. But I did not do any fix regarding
| this. I am compiling manually in my machine. Hope atleast it does
`----
Good work Visu. This is exactly what I hoped for. This change should
help us make easier adaptation of new versions of libyahoo2 moving
forward.

Let us plan for a mid September release.

,----
| not require any changes in Debian machines. If anybody face this
| problem, do the following until a fix is been made:
|
| 1. Change congigure.ac: (a) Goto line where you see
| AC_CHECK_LIB(yahoo2, ...  (b) Replace 4th parameter exit with 3rd
| parameter [YAHOO2_LIB="-lyahoo2"]. So it becomes like,
|
| AC_CHECK_LIB(yahoo2, yahoo_send_im, [YAHOO2_LIB="-lyahoo2"],
| [YAHOO2_LIB="-lyahoo2"])
`----
It worked under my Debian GNU/Linux (sid). How ever yahoo_add_buddy
still gave compilation err. Just commented it out temporarily.

I have plans to rewrite autoconf script once again :0

Also fh-login-post-hook is not called. So new freehoo users will catch
an exception from history.scm.

,----[ "K. Viswanathan" <address@hidden> ]
| 2. Execute these commands from freehoo top folder:
| $ aclocal; autoheader; autoconf; automake;
| $ ./configure --prefix=/usr
`----
Instead you can call ./refresh script at the top-level too. I will
rename this script to autogen.sh before next release.

Happy Hacking,
--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>