freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Re: final patch file

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Re: final patch file
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:48:36 -0800

,----[ Anand Avati <address@hidden> ]
| too many patches sent to mailing list.. dint want to spam it further..
| so mailng u personally.. here's the final patch file.. my workspace was
| badly cluttered and i kept mixing directories thus generating bad diffs
| by mistake as i havnt slept for 2days... sorry for trouble..
`----

Patch looks good. Please provide Changelog entry.

I will apply this patch, but I want you to fix 2 issues after this:

1) current_target_buddy not set upon message reception in AUTO-INSERT
   mode. Before applying your patch, when I receive a message and I
   press enter, AUTO-INSERT mode will automatically choose the
   received buddy name. This is not working.

   What you need to do is, we need a way preserve send/receive mode
   at the time of setting.

   Do like this:

   static target_buddy_mode enum {send, receive};
   typedef enum target_buddy_mode target_buddy_mode_t;
   target_buddy_mode_t current_target_buddy_mode;

   void
   set_current_target_buddy (char *current_target_buddy_value,
                            target_buddy_mode_t
                            current_target_buddy_mode_value)
   {
     if (current_target_buddy_value)
        strcpy (current_target_buddy, current_target_buddy_value);
     else
        current_target_buddy[0] = 0;
     current_target_buddy_mode =   current_target_buddy_mode_value;
   }

Similarly...

  void get_current_target_buddy (char *current_target_buddy,
          size_t current_target_buddy_len,
          target_buddy_mode_t  *current_target_buddy_mode)
  {
  }

You need to change scheme primitive ex_set_current_target_buddy_x
(set-current-target-buddy! ..) function in scm-procedures.c and
extensions.c.

Now in the interpreter.c:
   void
   interpreter (char *line)
   {
    if (strlen (line) == 0)
    {
>>      GET THE MODE and SET TARGET BUDDY TO NULL ONLY IF MODE IS NOT RECEIVE.
      set_current_target_buddy("");
      return;
    }

2) If we can set the regex readline context rules from scheme
   too. That way extensions can be completely independent and dynamic.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>