freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Protocol change breaks libyahoo2/freehoo?

From: Ray Van Dolson
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Protocol change breaks libyahoo2/freehoo?
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 07:17:19 -0700

Hey all, I know this was discussed briefly last month, but it wasn't
clear to me if a fix had been discovered or not.  Maybe we needed to
wait until it happens to be able to effectively troubleshoot...

In any case:

$ freehoo
Yahoo ID: xxxx
Password:
Logging in as [xxxx] in [Available] mode
Yahoo System Message: This version of Messenger expired on April 2, 2008.
Please upgrade now to the latest supported version: http://messenger.yahoo.com
Learn more: http://messenger.yahoo.com/eol
~qp~>
Could not login, most probably performing scheduled maintenance.

This is with libyahoo2 0.7.5 and freehoo 3.5.1.

Normal Yahoo is working fine -- I haven't tried pidgin or other clients
yet.

Ray