freehoo-users

Re: [Freehoo-users] Re: about gnuyahoo

From: Stephen Stocker
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-users] Re: about gnuyahoo
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 03:16:04 -0500 (CDT)

On 28 Jul 2003, M.P.Anand Babu wrote:

> FreeHoo started as a casual project. We all love keyboard and
> console. I started patching ari-yahoo for my personal use. Slowly it
> started spreading among my friends and at one point it became
> difficult to maintain. ari-yahoo Design was completely against our
> dream UI - readline/guile.  Then I asked Bala
> <address@hidden> to give a skeleton GNUYahoo with readline
> interface. Then I froze the design and added guile and released it
> under GPL at sourceforge. But unfortunately sourceforge became
> proprietary and also for other political reasons like we couldn't use
> the name "GNUYahoo", because Yahoo is (TM) of Yahoo Inc.  Finally
> we moved to Savannah.gnu.org as FreeHoo.

  I think I used AriYahoo way back. Then Yahoo changed its cookies or
something and it quit working? It looks like Savannah's really growing,
and I'm glad to see it!

> ,----
> |   Btw, should I get libyahoo2 separately now? I noticed it isn't in
> | the latest CVS tree. unless I did something wrong.
> `----
> I think you are a serious FreeHoo user. I'm sorry I screwed up the CVS
> during migration to higher version of libyahoo2. Its fixed now!!
> and uses libyahoo2-0.6.3

  Thanks. :) I had a chance to finally use it for a long chat tonight, it
works like a charm! Seems faster, also, but it could just be my
connection.

        Take care,
        Steve