freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Additional watchdog otuput on sel output

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Additional watchdog otuput on sel output
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:50:17 -0700

Hey everyone,

For the watchdog 2 timer (sensor type code 23h, Table 36-3 Ipmi 1.5
spec), the sel record format also includes information on the interrupt
type and timer use when a timer goes off.  I think it'd be a good idea
to also output this information in the sel output.  Currently, the
output is something like the following:

64:07-Oct-2004 13:48:48:Watchdog 2 #3:Hard Reset:SMI Handler

I think something like the following would be useful:

64:07-Oct-2004 13:48:48:Watchdog 2 #3:Hard Reset:SMI Handler Interrupt
Type = None, Timer Use = SMS/OS

I'm not too familiar with this chunk of the FreeIPMI code with the
guile/C/scheme stuff, so I'm not sure of the best way to implement this.
 It seems it would be sufficient to stick a special case into
get_sel_discrete_system_event_record() in fish/src/ipmi-wrapper-sel.c,
and just output the extra information in the event_desc buffer.

Al

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden