freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI Issues

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI Issues
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:48:25 -0700

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 13:21 -0600, Levi Pearson wrote:
> With the exception of ipmipower and ipmiconsole, the FreeIPMI utilities
> have issues dealing with having Per-Message Authentication and
> User-Level Authentication disabled.

Hi Levi,

One other thought.  If the user-level authentication disabled leads to
problems, I think you need to bring this up with Dell.  From the wording
in the IPMI spec, my understanding is that if per-msg-authentication is
disabled, you must not send authentication fields with later packets.
However, with user-level auth disabled, it is optional to send later
user level packets w/o an authentication field.

If you don't have good contacts at Dell to get this moving, I can point
you in the right direction to some folks.

Al

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden