freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Thresholds in CSV output

From: Diego Elio Pettenò
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Thresholds in CSV output
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:47:59 -0700

Hi all,

Today I had to fight with the (very bad) ipmi plugin for Munin, which is
based off ipmitool. Since then I wrote a plugin that outputs the same
thing but with freeipmi's ipmi-sensors.

The main issue is that ipmitool does output on its (not-so-clear)
listing the thresholds by default, which Munin can use. ipmi-sensors
doesn't, as it is, it only outputs them in verbose mode, which is simply
very bad to write scripts for.

Would it be possible to have it at the end of the CSV?

And another thing, has anybody a sample output of an IPMI board that
reports power consumption? That's the second feature my freeipmi-based
plugin is missing, and if I can get those two in, Munin 2.1 will use it
by default.

Thanks for the help,
--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes