freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] OK, i give...

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] OK, i give...
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:18:17 -0800

,----[ Karl Hanzel <address@hidden> ]
| i have tried to build freeipmi again from the CVS source that Anand
| Babu pointed me to above, but the compiled 'fish' produces results
| like so:
|
|    # bmc-info
|    ipmi_open_inband(): No such file or directory
|
| which is similar to what i was seeing previously.
|
| You sent me source code that did not have this problem, but
| apparently produces sensor values that are less than "human
| readable", as Anand expressed above.
|
| I am unsure how to resolve this issue... or why the CVS source (and
| previous source) for freeipmi has the problem, but source code that
| you supplied me does not have the problem.
`----
I guess the driver probing routine did not work and failed to switch
to default device addresses. This CVS snapshot that bug. But it is
still my guess work. I don't have any amd64 machine with me to test it
out.

ftp://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-0.2.0-cvs051208.tar.gz

When system is running under heavy load, using ipmi-sensors and
ipmi-sel utilities, you will be able to get fairly detailed info about
the thermals. This will help you pinpoint or eliminate the thermal issue.

Look for CPU temperature and abnormalities in SEL log.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31