freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] debugging problems with ipmi-sensors -E

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] debugging problems with ipmi-sensors -E
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:14:59 -0800

Hey Dave,

> >  # ipmi-sensors -E -h ipmi008
> >   hostlist_ranged_string: truncation

This ended up just being a dumb corner case if the -E option eliminated
every node specified on the command line.  I made a fix, and it'll go
out in 0.8.2.  I can't believe that bug lasted this long :-)

As for your core problem:

>   # ipmi-sensors -E -h ipmi00[7,8]
> >   ipmi007: ID   | Name          | Type                     | Reading    |
> > Units | Event
> >      [this output left intentionally blank]
> >   ipmi007: 2592 | Watchdog      | Watchdog 2               | N/A        |
> > N/A   | N/A
> >   ipmi008: ipmi-sensors: connection timeout

The maintainer of the hostlist library thinks there may be a bug in his
code.  If you specify:

ipmi[007-008]

instead of

ipmi00[7-8]

it will work for the time being.  The issue is that when you specify
"ipmi00[7-8]" the internal library recognizes "ipmi00" as the prefix of
the range of nodes.

However, when you input "ipmi007" or "ipmi008" (which if what you likely
input when you configured ipmidetectd), it built up "ipmi" as the prefix
of the range of nodes, and thus internally it is not
finding/deleting/adding things consistently.

Al