freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] error while loading shared libraries: libfreeipmi.s

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] error while loading shared libraries: libfreeipmi.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:37:03 +0100

Hi,

on my box with Ubuntu 10.10 I had to create a .conf file
in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ - I named it /etc/ld.so.conf.d/freeipmi.conf
with the following contents:

        /usr/local/lib

I already had a file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf with that content and after running ldconfig the libs were added, so I can run the tools without problems now. Thanks for that hint!

Shouldn´t ldconfig be ran automatically by "make install"?

Lars