freeon-users

Re: [Freeon-users] freeon installation

From: Jeff Hammond
Subject: Re: [Freeon-users] freeon installation
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 12:15:32 -0500

Dear Wole,

I'm not one of the developers of FreeON, but I don't mind burning a CD
and dropping it in the mail.

Are you using a Linux computer?  I think that this or Cygwin is
probably required to build FreeON anyways, but I use only Linux and
thus can't be sure that a CD I burn for you can ever be read by a
Windows computer.

The other issue is that FreeON is actively developed and it would be a
good idea to send you a stable version of the code.  If the developers
of FreeON (nudge, nudge) can endorse a specific branch or nightly
build that is reasonably well tested, I will have more confidence that
what I burn to a CD is going to work for you.

Best,

Jeff

PS I don't know what your end goals are, but if you like GPL quantum
chemistry codes, I will also burn to the CD a copy of PSI3 and MPQC,
which are my two other favorite GPL quantum chemistry codes.  They
don't have linear-scaling algorithms but they have some other useful
functionality (e.g. MP2).

--
Jeff Hammond
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility