Timekeeping system

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Timekeeping system
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:00:34 -0800

I have created accounts for all of you in our online time-keeping
system, located at `www.openair.com'.  (Jeff, you of course already
have one...)

The `Company ID' is `codesourcery'.  Your usernames/secret words are
in this table:

   Username     Word
   --------     ----
   haney        maclover
   stokes       rower
   crotinger    crotinger
   cummings     cummings

Please change these ASAP by using the `My Account/My Options/Password'
choice when you sign in.

After that, click on `timesheets' at the top of the page.  Create a
new timesheet by using the `Create' box.  Correct the starting date;
it seems to like to start with 01/29/01, which is off by a month.  Use
your name for the timesheet name, "regular time" for the kind of time,
and "LANL: POOMA 2.4" for the default client.

Then, you'll get a grid that looks like an old fashioned time card.
Each day that you do some work, you put the number of hours (decimals
work for partial hours) in the box and click on the blue dot to enter
a one-line description of what you did.

Hit `Save' on the bottom of your timesheet when you're done.

When the week is over, you `submit' your timesheet for approval.  (It
then magically becomes a bill to the lab.) The system
semi-automatically generates invoices to the lab and allows us to
easily generate checks to pay you for your efforts, which really does
make it easier in the long run.

I know this all sounds a little baroque, but it's pretty easy once you
get used to it.  And, it's a very low-bandwidth site; a 56k modem is
empirically satisfactory.

Mark Mitchell                   address@hidden