Re: [pooma-dev] Using Dynamic Arrays

From: James Crotinger
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Using Dynamic Arrays
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:53:00 -0700

on 3/22/01 9:53 AM, Steve Nolen at address@hidden wrote:

> How does one use a dynamic array with something other than an intrinsic
> type.  even when i tried instantiation one with an empty class, the compiler
> complained about ElementProperties< classname >::construct( classname*)
>
> i'm using metrowerks 6.1
>
> -steve

The array machinery uses ElementProperties<T> to decide on certain
construction semantics. By default, element construction is done with the
default constructor, etc. We override these for the basic types to skip
construction. And we override these for types with shallow copy semantics to
properly make deep copies.

What I don't understand is why it isn't just using the general template.
Perhaps it isn't being included somewhere where it needs to be.

  Jim