[newfield_revision Patch] Add Linear Algebra to Statigraphic Flow

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: [newfield_revision Patch] Add Linear Algebra to Statigraphic Flow
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:31:15 -0700

This patch to the (Chevron^r) statigraphic flow program adds the
linear algebra computation.  We use the open-source beta Template
Numerical Toolkit package from the NIST.  The linear algebra
computation needs to be moved to a stencil.  We are currently working
on that.

2001-08-16  Jeffrey D. Oldham  <address@hidden>

        * StatigraphicFlow.cpp: Add header files for linear algebra
        computations.  Remove answered question and finished functions.
        Add sum() to unfinished work list.  Update explanations with
        revised replicate() information and new information for
        nearestNeighbors(Centering, FieldOffset, Centering) and sum().
        (findIndex): New function.
        (main): Fix creation of spoke centering.  Add creation of disspoke
        centering.  Add directedPermeability and faceDistance fields.
        Replace linear algebra pseudocode with explicit computation.
        Revise computation of totalFlux.
        * makefile: (RULE_INCLUDES): Add support for linear alegebra
        library.
        * tnt/A10x10.dat: New file from linear algebra package.
        * tnt/AB10x10.dat: Likewise.
        * tnt/Makefile: Likewise.
        * tnt/SPD10x10.dat: Likewise.
        * tnt/cholesky.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/cmat.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/fchol.cc: Likewise.
        * tnt/fcscmat.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/fmat.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/fortran.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/fspvec.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/index.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/lapack.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/lu-C.cc: Likewise.
        * tnt/lu.cc: Likewise.
        * tnt/lu.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/matrix.dat: Likewise.
        * tnt/qr.cc: Likewise.
        * tnt/qr.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/region1d.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/region2d.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/stopwatch.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/subscript.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/tnt.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/tnt.h.patch: Likewise.
        * tnt/tntmath.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/tntreqs.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/transv.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/triang.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/trisolve.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/vec.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/vec.h.patch: Likewise.
        * tnt/vecadaptor.h: Likewise.
        * tnt/version.h: Likewise.

Applied to      newfield_revision branch of examples/NewField/StatigraphicFlow/
Approved by     Stephen Smith
Not tested.  It does not currently cleanly compile.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden