Re: [pooma-dev] RE: Branches

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RE: Branches
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:30:29 -0600

Hi John,

What do you need from us to get parallel working?

Scott

On Tuesday, August 21, 2001, at 10:31 AM, John Hall wrote:

P.S. Is there a scheme you can come up with that would allow us to make some progress on making our setup code parallel? We are running short on time now and the biggest remaining problem is our inability to run in parallel due to little setup issues (and ensight dumps) that I haven't gotten around to fixing. The physics is almost complete and appears to be working spectacularly well (really, really, well). We can win this bet and give Pooma/Blanca new life if we run in parallel.

FWIW, Jeff Brown has allocated the money for your contract through next February. We are going to be evaluated then for its continuation. So rumors that the contract might disappear are unfounded.

--
Scott W. Haney
Development Manager