Merging newfield_revision

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Merging newfield_revision
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:52:13 -0600

Hi everyone,

Those working on the newfield_revision branch - please get check-in whatever outstanding changes you have by NOON PST on 8/29. I would like to merge this branch into the main trunk ASAP.

Here is what is going to happen specifically:

(1) Jeffrey* creates a new branch for the Blanca team to work with through 10/1. This will allow them to get bug-fixes without having to buy into the entire newfield_revision. This branch will not be merged. We'll just be sure to make changes

(2) Jeffrey* will merge newfield_revision branch back to the main trunk

(3) We will remove the BConds, Geometry, and Meshes. Then, we move the NewField files to Field and remove NewField.

(4) In the Pooma directory, NewFields.h -> Fields.h.

(5) All tests, examples, and benchmarks are changed to use NewField.

(6) For good measure, I'd like to remove the IO directory since it isn't going to be used or further developed.

Let me know ASAP if there are any strenuous objections to this plan.

Scott

*Jeffrey bravely volunteered to do this. :-)

--
Scott W. Haney
Development Manager