Commits

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Commits
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:07:32 -0600

(1) Added support for writing POOMA R1 compatible DiscField fileSets. This implementation is simplified in that it writes only a single fileSet from context 0. However, it works with both Arrays and multi-material/multi-centering Fields. The latter objects must fit entirely inside a record. This implementation is designed to work in parallel, but we haven't tested it on Nirvana. Once we verify correct parallel operation, I will put this on the Blanca branch. Jim is working on the reader and that is nearly done as well.

(2) Added a class called CollectFromContexts that accumulates values from all contexts into an std::vector on a specified context. This data can be processed and then broadcast back to the other contexts.

(3) Added a new compressed() free function, which is used to see if an engine is fully compressed. Added support for this to both Fields and Arrays.

(4) Made it possible to assign a Field with 1 sub-field to an Array.

(5) Added free functions---numMaterials(x), centeringSize(x), subField(x, m, c)---where x is either a Field or Array. These adapters allow one to write code that will work with both Arrays and Fields.

This was tested using CodeWarrior Pro 7 under MacOS X. It was reviewed by Jim Crotinger.

I will do further testing under Linux with GCC and KCC and fix any problems I encounter.

Scott