Ref counting

From: Nils H. Busch
Subject: Ref counting
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:22:01 +0200

Hello,

I am sorry, if this is not the correct mailing list to pose user
questions regarding pooma, so please redirect this question to whatever
list is appropriate or mail me with such information.

I am trying to create arrays/fields in a custom function and return them
as the functions return value.
Apparently, this cores as the ref count of the array/field goes to zero
when going out of function scope, precisely ist RectilinearGeometryBase
in my case.
Is there a way to increase ref count of object to reference it outside
of function scope or am trying to do something deprecated ? Should I be
passing in a reference argument and initialize Array/Field in the
function ?

Thanks in advance.

--
    Nils H. Busch
    Max-Planck-Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience