RE: [pooma-dev] Preliminary reference documentation available

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Preliminary reference documentation available
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:51:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 May 2002, James Crotinger wrote:

> Cool. The last time we tried a tool like this, it choked on too much of our
> crazy template syntax. Looks like the tools may be catching up with the
> language.

Yes, its quite usable - maybe I need teach doxygen to better group
partially specialized templates, though.

> One annoyance, however, is that this ends up including a lot of classes that
> are totally implementation details of other classes and would never be seen
> by a normal user. Due to all the compile-time tricks, this may well be the
> case for most of the classes.

Yes - I'll be able to hide classes from the documentation (though I
thought the reference documentation be useful for the developer of the
code, too - i.e. I'm actually going to implement HDF5 I/O, AMR and in
conjunction with that a generic (time) integrator scheme).

If anyone has hints which classes to hide or wants to contribute extra
documentation be my guest. I will see if I can make my local bitkeeper
tree available for cloning (need to talk to the sysadmins here).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/