Re: [pooma-dev] Using CoordinateSystems

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Using CoordinateSystems
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:52:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Jeffrey Oldham wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 04:57:34PM +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> >
> > How am I supposed to use CoordinateSystems like f.i. Cylindrical?
> > I see that the CoordinateSystems classes provide methods like
> > volume and distance taking Regions/Vectors in coordinates in the
> > respective coordinate system. But on the other hand a Mesh gets
> > initialized with a Cartesian domain only(?). And the
> > PositionTraits::Type_t of the Mesh always yields Cartesian components
> > as there is no place to specify an alternate coordinate system?
>
> I do not think that full POOMA support for using different coordinate
> systems was ever implemented.  (Will someone please correct me if I am
> wrong?)
>
> docs/tut-07.html describes using meshes, centerings, geometries, and
> fields, but the new Field implementation might have made some of this
> out-of-date.

Ok, did you have specific ideas on how to integrate support for different
coordinate systems? If yes, I'm happy to go the suggested way, else I need
to come up with ideas myself.

Also, were there ideas on how to actually support something like AMR? From
the current code I see that reduction operators for doing the neccesary
interpolation do not exist.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>