RectilinearMesh and coordinate system support

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: RectilinearMesh and coordinate system support
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:38:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I put a patch and some new files regarding RectilinearMesh support
and integration of coordinate systems (Cartesian, cylindrical and
spherical) on my local pooma-work site at

http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~rguenth/pooma/

The RectilinearMesh support has two problems (that probably will be
a non-issue to most uses, but still is ugly):

The view constructor is implemented as

  RectilinearMeshData(const RectilinearMeshData<Dim, T> &model,
                      const Interval<Dim> &d)
  : NoMeshData<Dim>(d)
    {
      for (int i = 0; i < Dim; i++) {
        // FIXME: Wheeee ;) (we cant store a BrickView...
        // and still dont want to copy)
        spacings_m(i).engine() = Engine<1, T,
Brick>(&model.spacings_m(i)(d[i])(0), d[i]);
        positions_m(i).engine() = Engine<1, T,
Brick>(&model.positions_m(i)(d[i])(0), d[i]);
        origin_m(i) = positions_m(i)(d[i].min());
      }
    }

which as the comment reads is broken. The FieldEnginePatch view
constructor is implemented like the copy constructor as I dont
know what it is supposed to do (and got no answer from a previous
mail).

The coordinate system support is quite invasive as it requires changes
to existing source - mainly meshes are now templated on a MeshTraits
class rather than Dim, T to avoid overly complex type-typing. All
UniformRectilinearMesh<Dim, T> need to be changed to MeshTraits<Dim,
T>::Mesh_t (the patch should cover nearly all necessary changes in the
core code apart from tests outside of Field/tests - I have a more complete
patch for people caring).

I'd like to recieve feedback on the way I re-integrated coordinate system
support and be happy to contribute it to the pooma project.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/