simple pooma question

From: Garnet Kin-Lic Chan
Subject: simple pooma question
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry if these are simple questions, but I am having quite a lot of
difficulty trying to understand what POOMA does during its parallel
execution. I have done some parallel programming before,
but here everything is hidden!

If a piece of code has both a serial component and a parallel
component, and one is executing it in a distributed environment, does
every copy of the code run the serial component, or does POOMA only make
one node execute the serial component. Similarly, are arrays which are not
declared as distributed, then exist as identical copies on each node?

Also, where can I look to better understand the parallel behaviour of
POOMA?

Thanks in advance,

Garnet