RE: [pooma-dev] POOMA under Windows environment and MS VC++

From: Renato F. Cantao
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] POOMA under Windows environment and MS VC++
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:17:26 -0300 (EST)

Hi!

Anyone tried GCC on Windows? There's a project called DJGPP that is a port
of GCC to the DOS/Windows environmente. It comes with all GNU tools, like
make, bison, emacs, etc...

It's on version 3.1 and can be found at:

        http://www.delorie.com

For those working with Pooma on Windows it worth a look!

[]'s, Cantao!

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, James Crotinger wrote:

> Right. It should be mentioned, however, that it is unclear if any of these
> Win32 compilers do sufficient inlining for production-level code. We used
> VTune along with CodeWarrior to ease development, but they didn't used to be
> good enough to optimize away all the garbage and make the
> expression-templates work efficiently.
>
>       Jim

                     '''
                    (o o)
| Renato F. Cantao!                           |
| Depto. de Matematica Aplicada               |
| IMECC - UNICAMP                             |
| Sala 215 - Predio da Pos-graduacao - Lado B |
                   |__|__|
                    || ||
                   ooO Ooo   Linux User #207462