SMARTS compile problems (again)

From: Tarjei Knapstad
Subject: SMARTS compile problems (again)
Date: 11 Dec 2002 13:03:07 +0100

Hi.

I wanted to try POOMA today, and compile it together with SMARTS to be
able to run in parallel using threads on a Mosix cluster. However,
SMARTS 1.2 fails miserably to compile on my distribution (RH 8.0 using
gcc3.2), and after about half an hour of trying to patch things up I
finally gave in. I found a suggestion for a fix over at the pooma-dev
mailing list at CodeSourcery but this did nothing to remedy the problem
(au contraire).

Is there any further development going on with SMARTS? If so, is there a
snapshot or something similar which will compile on newer compilers?
(the smarts cvs module seems to be outdated by a couple of years as
well)

Regards,
--
Tarjei Knapstad, MSc
Computer Science Manager

ChemCon AS
Professor Brochs vei 6             Phone: +47 73 54 03 73
7030 Trondheim                     Fax:   +47 73 94 38 61
Norway                             Email: address@hidden