Re: [pooma-dev] MPI Problems

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] MPI Problems
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:54:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Yaqoub El Khamra wrote:

> On Redhat 9, using LAM MPI and using the following configuration:
>  ./configure --arch LINUXGCC --noex --static --opt --mpi --noshmem
>
> Everything seems to work fine, I cd and make. Everything is again working
> properly. To be certain, I "make tests" and this is what I get:
>
> cdup.o(.text+0x71): undefined reference to `_kio'
>
> and the same for ah_init, ah_next, ah_insert, lam_kexit, etc...
>
> Did you encounter this error by any chance? Did any of the other users have a
> similar problem??

Check your linking command - you probably need another LAM MPI library
linked. The configure is not exactly clever in trying to find out which.
Look in configure, line 780 and below and either fix the generic libs
for LAM, or create a different mpi species switch for it and submit a
patch to the cheetah maintainers. Or use MPICH ;)

Hope this helps,

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>