[Freepooma-devel] [RFC] Releasing and branching r2?

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: [Freepooma-devel] [RFC] Releasing and branching r2?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:02:44 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Since the last POOMA 2.4.0 release there have been many improvements
and C++ and library fixes.  I guess it is time to release again.
I like to branch for the release a r2 branch which may continue
to fix existing bugs in 2.4.x.

Branching would be also to let me install the various speed improvements
which I'm hesitant to do now before a release because they do in
some circumstances change working code into non-working code.

If I don't hear objections I'll branch in the next days and try to
spin a 2.4.1 release from it soon.  Also I'll then install the safe
performance improvement parts into HEAD which may then no longer
be suitable as a drop-in for 2.4.0 users (read: use the r2 branch
then).

Any comments, suggestions?

Any volunteers for testing the release (I and Jeffrey had done some
extensive testing some month ago)?

Any volunteers for working on r3?  Any ideas what to tackle for r3
(I have a personal very much too long list for this already...)?

Thanks,
Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>