[FR-devel] (no subject)

From: Jay Handfield
Subject: [FR-devel] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:28:20 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome.  An introduction....

Well I am a software developer in New York City.  At work I mostly do server
side Java stuff on a mostly XP programming team.

In my spare time I have been working on Eclipse plugins and a Java GUI
written with SWT.  While I have been very impressed with the design and
implementation of Eclipse and SWT, after working for a while I began to
strongly suspect that Java  is far from the ideal language to write GUIs in
no matter how the good the design?  At about the same time, I came across
Ruby and like many others had the immediate feeling that it does almost
everything right.  When I saw that someone was working on an eclipse-like
IDE, I wanted to contribute.

Since I am very new to Ruby and client-side application design (as well as
being very busy at work), I don't think I will be able to contribute much to
the architecture/core coding, but I am hoping I will be able to play a
support role of some kind with testing, documentation, or packaging.

Thanks,
Jay Handfield