[FR-devel] Introduction

From: Wayne Pierce
Subject: [FR-devel] Introduction
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 01:47:16 -0800

Hello,

I just finished reading most of the archives and thought I'd get the intro out of the way before I forgot. I'm 25 currently living north of San Diego, but moving back to the Boston area once my Military time is up (again).

I have a lot of experience with a lot of different languages, most of what I work with is Python. I actually started working with Ruby about a year ago, but haven't touched it in a long time. Some of the tools I used at work, or tools like them, aren't available for Ruby (such as Metakit) so I have to use Python.

My background is mostly security and the largest Ruby program I've written was just over 10K lines (mostly text manipulation, security and reporting). I'm not sure where I'll be able to help out at; I used to teach computers so I'll probably help a bit with documentation and tutorials, I'll probably spend a bit of time bug hunting as well.

/me

--
Wayne Pierce
web: http://www.mishre.com