Re: [FR-devel] A Quick Status (very quick)

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] A Quick Status (very quick)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 13:22:30 +0100

Curt Hibbs wrote:
I know that things have been quiet for a while, and I just wanted to post something here to let everyone know that progress is being made. Right now, everyone is waiting on me and, unfortunately, I have been seriously overloaded.

I'm about 75% done getting the initial GUI framework in place. Once this is done we will actually have something that resembles a primitive IDE (especially if I can get Nishio Mizuho's source browser in there). This will be the point where the rest of you can start getting more actively involved. We should be able to work on our respective areas fairly independently.

Besides my GUI framework code, I am also waiting on a new version of the FXScintilla code editing component from Rich which will be based on Gilles' latest FXScintilla drop and the actual 1.0 release of FOX. Hopefully, this can all come together by the end of this coming weekend (I know, I said the same thing last week -- I'm working as fast as I can).

Thanks for your patience,

And thanks for your time and energy!

BTW, keep cool Curt... no need to hurry. Don't feel like we are putting pressure on you. This is not the case. Do your work, do it well, take your time and when its our turn to contribute we'll see if each of us is as efficient as Rich and you have been so far :-)

Cheers,
Laurent