[FR-devel] Introducing myself

From: Philipp Meier
Subject: [FR-devel] Introducing myself
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:25:18 +0200

Hello freeriders,

I'm new to this list and will introduce myself as this list's policy suggests:

I am a 24 years old guy from Ulm, Germany. My first contact with
computers has been around 11 years ago. Soon I switched from DOS /
Windows environment to unix / Linux. My first linux setup ran on linux
kernel version 0.99pl13 (one of the most stable versions ever ;-)
I'm doing  professional programming for six years now starting with
perl. Mainly, i did web applications and in the company I ran till end
of last year and in my current company we develope J2EE based
applications -- which is the standard Java Application Server
Environment.

My first active contact to ruby was yesterday and considering my perl
and java background you might understand that I fell in love with ruby
immediately. Although I know how to tame emacs, I miss an ruby IDE like
IDEA for Java. So I joined you, folks. This is a record time for
first-ruby-contact till join-freeride, isn't is?

I am particularely interested in refactoring and test-first programming.
My most-wanted feature for freeride except the "standard" thing would be
to utilise the fact that ruby classes etc. can be modified at runtime
which should leed to very short test-programming-test cycles. I'd love
to get rid of theese lengthy compile times and would appreciate to be
able to change my classes behaviour during runtime -- without loosing
the state of possible huge application state.

Happy hacking,
        -billy.
--
Meisterbohne       Söflinger Straße 100          Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eLösungen       89077 Ulm                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9