Re: [FR-devel] [Foxgui-users]Very alpha version of FR debugger in CVS

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] [Foxgui-users]Very alpha version of FR debugger in CVS
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:21:43 -0400

Horacio Lopez wrote:
[snip]
maybe you have better ideas, or suggest a different syntax
that's what's in the works right now.

after I got this, I will create a visual plug-in
that can:

* show the contents of a language repository

* edit its contents

* extract strings in the form L?"text" from
  ruby source code, and generate a language database
  from it.

Alternatively, we could use the language repositories
for storage of help files too

Quirks ? Misconceptions ?  Awful code ?
Please let me know what you don't like
it's still early enough to redesign.

I think it looks good. My comments are as follows:

- XML format is good enough to start with. You could then add other low level storage medium later on and we can use the localization system right now in FR before it goes too far.

- developing a plugin to manage the translation aspect is a great idea!

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team