Re: [FR-devel] Just tried latest FreeRIDE...

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Just tried latest FreeRIDE...
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:32:43 +0200

Hal E. Fulton wrote:

Another thing. On Windows, we're non-Cygwin
nowadays... which means no fork() any more.
So I don't see how open3 can be used. Am I
missing something?

I am by no mean a WIndows user but I was suspecting that fork would cause some troubles. The sole purpose of my popen3 call is to redirect the stdin, stdout and stderr of the remote process to FreeRIDE so that I can display them in the Debugger text console.

Do you see any work around here? And how we could make this work on Windows as well?

LJ

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team