RE: [FR-devel] FW: Welcome to FreeRIDE

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] FW: Welcome to FreeRIDE
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 14:23:50 -0700

Joao Pedrosa wrote:

> My name is Joao Pedrosa and I live in Brazil (City:
> Belem / State: Para).
>
> My main programming languages are Delphi and Java. I
> lack c and c++ skills, but I am always open to learn
> something new (at least to me :-).
>
> I am currently learning ruby and I like what I see. I
> am already writing an IRC client with it, and besides
> the initial troubles with threading and fxruby, it has
> been a good experience.
>
> Due to my inexperience with this new environment, I
> hope I can help you with testing at least.

There's plenty of ways for everyone to contribute, if they want to. In fact,
even though I am one of the founding members of the FreeRIDE project, I am
also a Ruby newbie!

> My dev. platform is windows 2000 or XP, but I do like
> linux, I swear :-)

Actually, we have quite a number of Windows developers on our team
(including myself), but I bet we're still out numbered by the Linux people!

Curt