Re: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Tasks -- What did I miss?

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Tasks -- What did I miss?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:46:22 +0200

Curt Hibbs wrote:
Over the last few days I talked by phone with Hal Fulton and Rich Kilmer to
try to get a sense of what we could realistically accomplish before the Ruby
conference on November 1st. Laurent, I would have called you too except it
would have been an international call.

It looks like we've got a good chance of pulling this off. Here is what will
be happening:

- Rich Kilmer has been using FreeBASE, the databus and plugin system,
extensively in his paying work (what a lucky guy!), and has become aware of
issues that he wants to correct before we make a first release.

- Hal Fulton is going to be integrating Nishio's source browser into
FreeRIDE. He will take a week or so to come up to speed on the code and the
integration issues and will then let us know if he thinks this is something
he can do himself or if he is going to need help.

- Laurent Julliard will be finishing up his work on the debugger. (Laurent,
I know you might have other things on your own list that I didn't mention,
since I didn't talk with you, so feel free make any changes or corrections).

Objective #1 is to make the FR debugger work on Windows so that you can show it at the conference. Well to be honest the problem actually is to find the proper version of Ruby 1.7.x for Windows that will make the FreeRIDE/FXRuby/ code work.... It has been working on Linux for days. Once the problem is fixed on WIndows I'll continue to enhance the debugger with more features

Worst case you can show it working on Linux

- Curt Hibbs will create documentation and master the CDs that we will
distribute at the conference.

UNASSIGNED TASKS:

- Editor API: we still need to expose some minimal editor api so that
budding plugin developer's can do something useful. Previously I had asked
Hal to do this, but he probably won't have time for it (and the source
browser is much more important).

What have I missed?

Curt