[FR-devel] New member introduction

From: Joseph McDonald
Subject: [FR-devel] New member introduction
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:49:03 -0700

Hello,

Per the tradition I will introduce myself.  I have been using ruby for
1 to 2 years and am excited to see the development on FreeRide.  I use
emacs as my editor, and ever since I started using ruby, I wished I
could right emacs extensions in Ruby instead of LISP (which is
somewhat incomprehensible to me).  Now it looks like FreeRide will
take it way beyond that.

One thing that intrigues me is "remote pair programming", I think it
would be worthwhile to explore ways that FreeRide can help enable
remotely shared development/editting environments.

Well, I am off to go wrap my head around "DataBus".

regards,
-joe

P.S. My development environment is FreeBSD via telnet/ssh, but my
desktop is WindowsXP. I haven't done much (any) development on
windows, but I am willing to give it a try.  I have VC++ 6.0 and the
cygwin stuff installed.

P.P.S.  Is there some sort of "open task list"?