Re: [FR-devel] RE: Debian Packages for FreeRIDE 0.5.0rc1

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] RE: Debian Packages for FreeRIDE 0.5.0rc1
Date: 05 Jul 2003 16:08:22 -0700

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 14:30, Laurent Julliard wrote:
> I suspect that fxruby is not compiled properly. Try this simpl thing:
> $ irb
> irb:0> require 'fox'

Simple enough. It fails. Same with all the fxruby examples.

I'm running:

Debian "Sarge" Linux
g++ 3.3
libfox 1.0.42-1 (from Debian "unstable")
libfox-ruby 1.0.21-1 (from the freeride .deb)

I was able to compile and run a simple C++ FOX "hello world"
application.

At this point, I'm willing to set it aside for a while, and try freeRIDE
again later. I was mostly interested in the fact that there was a .deb
file, so theoretically it would just drop right in. I wasn't actually
looking for another project :-)

But if you have any more things you would like me to try, I'm willing to
do so.

Kevin