[FR-devel] Introduction & anyone working on rendering FreeRIDE in GTK+ ?

From: Colin Coates
Subject: [FR-devel] Introduction & anyone working on rendering FreeRIDE in GTK+ ?
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:52:58 +0100

Thanks to Curt (and any other moderators involved) for letting me on the
list!

I am Colin Coates, a UK based programmer with around 15 years
experience. I started out with BASIC while at school, have programmed
Ada, C++, PHP, Python, SQL (etc:-) for money, and finally discovered
Ruby in 2002.

Currently employed by an Air Traffic Control simulation company, I shall
be starting a Degree course in September, to read "Tibetan (Literature)
with Study of Religions".

I think the work being done on FreeRIDE is very much the "right thing"
and have been tracking the project for a little while.

I am specifically interested in Ruby used with GTK+ (and maybe Mozilla
XUL too). I was wondering if anyone is currently working on a rendering
FreeRIDE under GTK+ (or, for that matter XUL)?

Kind Regards,
Colin.

And now the company disclaimer...

The views expressed in this electronic communication are those of the
writer and are not, unless otherwise stated, the views of Micro Nav Ltd,
Gild House, Norwich Avenue West, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 6AW. Company
Reg No. 3014347

Confidentiality:

The addressee(s) of this electronic communication shall treat its
contents in confidence and take all reasonable steps to ensure that the
contents are not accessed or made available to any third party. No
liability arising from unauthorised access to the information contained
in this electronic communication whilst stored on any computer system or
electronic storage media outside of its direct control shall be accepted
by Micro Nav Ltd.

Virus checking:

Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that this
electronic communication and its attachments whether encoded, encrypted
or otherwise supplied are free from computer viruses, Micro Nav Ltd
accepts no liability in respect of any loss, cost, damage or expense
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any of its
attachments.