[FR-devel] Re: FW: [FR-users] FreeRIDE 0.6.0 Debian packages for sid (un

From: Tom Copeland
Subject: [FR-devel] Re: FW: [FR-users] FreeRIDE 0.6.0 Debian packages for sid (unstable)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:11:34 -0500

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 14:00, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Tom, I uploaded the debian files into the freeride web area like you
> suggested, but it looks like we might need to have some permissions set (see
> below).

Hi Curt -

Sorry for the delay... I was puzzled as heck as to why this was not
working.  The reason was that I don't have a "Options +Indexes" in that
virtual host definition, nor do I have one in the global configuration
section.  So the HTTP status code was 403, which usually equates to
permission denied due to a basic authentication thingy or some such, but
it was really coming up because there's no index.html in that
directory.  So if someone had known the exact URL to type in, they would
have been able to fetch one of the debs, but no one could get to the
directory listings.

Anyhow, I added the Options directive and all appears well now:

http://freeride.rubyforge.org/debian/

and

http://freeride.rubyforge.org/debian/src/

Yours,