freeride-users

[FR-users] a few things

From: Pierre Baillet
Subject: [FR-users] a few things
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:19:10 +0200

Hello,

congratulations for the last version of freeride. I've tried to play a
bit with it no my windows XP machine and so far, nothing went wrong.
Here are some luser suggestions (do what you want with them :)):

. Currently, the icons from the icon bar do not react at all when being
hovered or clicked by the mouse, is this normal ? This can be easily
confusing and one may think the application is not responding...
. For my own project, i'd love to be able to set a working directory
when running my script from freeride, is there any trick ? (or is the
configuration panel hidden for now ? :). Maybe, this could also be
possible to set a "virtual machine" and select my favorite ruby binary
. i noticed things that were looking like "folds" in the scintilla
textarea but was unable to find any shortcut for fold/unfold this folds.

I'm currently playing a lot with ruby/gnome2 and wondered how difficult
it would be to port the interface from fox to gtk2 (I know the choice of
the toolkit library is quite subject to troll and I don't to be accused
of "anti"-foxism). Seems like i would have to rewrite the
"plugins\rubyide_fox_gui" folder with my gtk binding.

Do the "plugins" folder mean the main interface is a plugin ?

Thanks alot for freeride, keep up the good work!!
--
Pierre Baillet
If one were to say in a word what the condition of being a samurai is, its