[freesci-develop] Website problems

From: Max Horn
Subject: [freesci-develop] Website problems
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:28:59 +0200

Hi folks,

I noticed the following problems with the FreeSCI website:

* The link to the bug tracker is broken (<http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/creichen/cgi-bin/bugzilla/index.cgi> gives me a 404). My suggestions, in order of preferences: 1) Fix it / get a new bug tracker (e.g. Savannah certainly would offer one) 2) Change the link for now to point to a page which says that the bug tracker is currently not available
  3) Just remove the link completely.

* "Contribute" (<http://freesci.linuxgames.com/?page=contrib>) seems outdated. In particular:
  - it links to the "old" (?) bug tracker
  - It gives <address@hidden> as the ML address
- It doesn't link to your patch tracker (in fact, nothing seems to link to it at all, AFAICT): <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=freesci>

* "Links": the following links on <http://freesci.linuxgames.com/?page=links> seem to be broken:
  - http://sci.helllabs.org/
  - http://www.butterflyvale.de/freesci
  - http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/show.asp?usernum=4071584210
  - http://www4.ncsu.edu:8030/~rniyenga/sci/index.html
    -> now is <http://www.rarefied.org/sci/index.html> ?
  - http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3222/frotz.html
    -> now is <http://www.cs.csubak.edu/~dgriffi/proj/frotz/> ?
  - http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/games/sshock.html
    -> now is <http://tsshp.sourceforge.net/>

* On <http://freesci.linuxgames.com/?page=devel>, may I suggest that in the IRC section, either a link to OPN is added, or at least one specific IRC server is named?

* Add some information to <http://freesci.linuxgames.com/?page=adminlogin>, please. Either explain that this is for team members only, and that people should not bother about it; or give instructions as to where to obtain an account :-)

Cheers,

Max